Many women nowadays are seeking lip augmentation to plump up their thin lips and get a sexy pout, just like the Hollywood beauty queen Angelina Jolie. Luckily there are a number of surgical and non-surgical lip augmentation options available to help you get your desired lip size and shape. But every procedure, be it surgical or non-surgical, has its own advantages and disadvantages. Knowing these pros and cons of lip augmentation is important as they will help you decide if you are a candidate for lip enhancement and which procedure is right for you.
Here are some pros and cons of lip fillers and surgical lip augmentation.
Pros of Dermal Fillers
- Noninvasive – The best thing about lip augmentation through dermal fillers is that the procedure does not involve cutting and stitching of skin.
- Instant results – You will notice instant lip enhancement, immediately after the procedure.
- No downtime or recovery time – Administering lip fillers is a simple, quick procedure that does not have any downtime or recovery period. You can simply come to the clinic, get the fillers injected and go back to work immediately afterwards.
- Less expensive – What makes lip fillers choice of many is its low price as compared to surgical lip augmentation. Even an average-salaried person can afford lip augmentation through fillers.
Cons of Dermal Fillers
- Temporary results – The biggest downside of dermal fillers is that their results are temporary. You will need a reinjection every six to eight months to maintain the new shape of your lips.
- Lumpy lips – If performed by an inexperienced surgeon, you lips may look lumpy. This is due to uneven distribution of fillers in the lips.
- Allergic reaction – Allergic reactions are rare but not out of question. Some fillers, especially those involving all-natural products, can cause allergic reactions.
Pros of surgical lip augmentation
- Permanent results – The biggest advantage of surgical lip augmentation is that it is a onetime procedure. The results obtained are permanent and in most cases last for the rest of your life.
- Increased self esteem – Getting the lips that you believe suit your personality and face cuts more will obviously boost your self-confidence and make you feel extra good about yourself.
- Greater sex life – Admit it or not, lips play a vital role in your sex life. With a sexy pout, you can attract your life partner in a better way.
Cons of surgical lip augmentation
- Pain and discomfort – Like any other surgical procedure, lip augmentation also involves some degree of pain and discomfort that lasts for a few days.
- You can’t alter the results – While permanency is rated as the biggest advantage of surgical lip augmentation, it can be its biggest advantage in case you are not happy with the new lip shape or size.
- Scarring – Since it is a surgical procedure, involving cutting and stitching of the skin around lips, expect to end up with some degree of scarring.
- Substantial price – Surgical lip augmentation is also an expensive procedure and not everybody can afford it.
To know more about lip augmentation in dubai through lip fillers, contact us now by filling the free online consultation form below.